Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We had a great Easter weekend! Saturday I took the kids to the egg hunt at church. Sunday we went to church. We missed Sunday School, though, because the cows got out and we had to chase them back in. After church we went to Indiana to my Aunt Amy's house. There were lots of kids there! I have a big family on my dad's side. He has six brothers and sister who all have at least 2 kids. Now all of their kids have at least 2 kids. Holidays are a blast there, and we are a very close family. We have a tradition where we go down by the pond to the "bunny hole". That is where the easter bunny leaves suprises for the kids. We have been doing this since I was a kid. My grandparents started it, and now that they are both in heaven, my aunt carries on the tradition. The kids absolutely love going to the bunny hole!! Then we had an egg hunt. We also have a tradition with the egg hunt. Whoever finds the watermelon egg and the golden egg get a special prize.
When we left my aunt's we went to the hospital to visit my dad. He had surgery on his abdomen, and has been in the hospital for 2 weeks. He has had some complications because he has so many other health issues. The pain medicine he is on is causing him to hallucinate. It breaks my heart everytime I think about it. He has always been a strong, independent man. I'm not used to seeing him weak and dependent on someone else. He has to have another surgery because he has a pocket of fluid in his abdomen that has to be removed. I thank God for his girlfriend, Kay. If it weren't for her taking such good care of him, I'm afraid he would be dead by now.
Enough about that. It is depressing me. We had a good visit with dad, and then went to see my mom. We finally got home around 9:30 Sunday night. It was an exhausting weekend, but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment